Adele has been named the richest young musician in Britain and Ireland - with a personal fortune of £85m.The 27-year-old singer and songwriter easily topped The Sunday Times's 2016 line-up of wealthy under-30s, after her wealth jumped by £35m compared to last year.
Adele's success, which comes just five months after she unveiled her first album since 2011, put her way ahead of her nearest rival Ed Sheeran who has a £45m fortune.
She is also now 30th in the paper's list of the Top 50 music millionaires in Britain and Ireland, above artists including Sir Cliff Richard, Gary Barlow and Kylie Minogue.
Adele's album, called '25', has been hugely popular and led to her picking up four Brit awards earlier this year - for best female solo artist, Brits global success award, best single for Hello and British album of the year for 25 - an achievement only equalled by Blur in 1995.
The album also became the UK's biggest-selling number one album in chart history on release in November and debuted at number one in more than 25 countries around the world, notching up over 15 million global sales.
Below is the list of The Sunday Times's Top 30 Music Millionaires.
- 1. Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell £760 million
- 2. Lord Lloyd-Webber £715 million
- 3. U2 £500 million
- 4. Sir Elton John £280 million
- 5. Sir Mick Jagger £235 million
- 6. Olivia and Dhani Harrison £220 million
- 6. Keith Richards £220 million
- 8. Ringo Starr £200 million
- 9. Michael Flatley £198 million
- 10. Sting £185 million
- 11. Eric Clapton £160 million
- 11. Rod Stewart £160 million
- 11. Roger Waters £160 million
- 14. Sir Tom Jones £155 million
- 15. Sir Tim Rice £150 million
- 16. Robbie Williams £145 million
- 17. Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne £135 million
- 18. Brian May £120 million
- 18. Charlie Watts £120 million
- 20. Roger Taylor £115 million
- 21. Phil Collins £110 million
- 22. George Michael £105 million
- 22. Jimmy Page £105 million
- 24. Robert Plant £103 million
- 25. John Deacon £100 million
- 25. David Gilmour £100 million
- 27. Calvin Harris £95 million
- 28. Enya #"1 million
- 29. Iman Abdulmajid and Duncan Jones and family £90 million
- 30. Adele £85 million