Fani Kayode

N2.5b fraud: I’m not hiding from EFCC – Fani-Kayode

ShareShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

A former‎ Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, on Thursday said he had not gone underground or switched off his phones as alleged by operatives of the Economic Financial Crimes Commission over an alleged N2.5 billion fraud in which he had been fingered.

The N2.5 billion was traced to a former Minister of Education, Nenadi Usman, who was alleged to have shared the fund to members of the Peoples Democratic Party for the last presidential election.

Usman was a member of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation.
Fani-Kayode was the spokesman of the PDPPCO.

He was alleged to have received N840 million from the N2.5 billion.
Fani-Kayode in a tweet on his Twitter handle on the allegation that he had gone underground and switched off his phones, said: “The story was a lie.

“I called Ibrahim Magu this morning but his phone was off.
“I sent him a text that he can reach me anytime.‎

“Reports in the national newspapers ‎that I am running from the EFCC and gone into hiding over the campaign funds issue are false.
“I have not received ‎any invitation from the EFCC and neither have they attempted to contact me.

“Once they do I will respond to them and honour their invitation.‎
“I‎ have nothing to fear or hide and I have said all I have to say in a widely published essay that I wrote on the campaign funds issue.”

The Eagle

Rayo
Hi, My name is Mo-Rayo. You are welcome to my Blog where I dish out daily news ranging from politics, celebrity gist and gossip, health and fashion tips and lots more that you'd get to find out when you stick with me. I'm pretty simple, fun to be with, lover of adventure and other secret thigs like Indian songs. Welcome once again to my World

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.