(This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.)
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: New Media Officer
Drive effective deployment of new media strategy in alignment with business objectives in general and reputational priorities in particular:
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN's Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN's operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN's role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO's, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Monitor and track MTN on new media platforms, provide ongoing analysis and reports to the relevant business units
- Identify perception management opportunities in the new media space and escalate critical issues for speedy resolution
- Generate informative and insightful reports about MTNN activity and mention same in the social media space
- Develop reader-friendly content that communicates relevant corporate objectives and important customer information to foster articulation of the MTN point of view and engender empathy towards the MTN brand
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training:
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in corporate communications
- Ability to interpret and implement Communications strategy
- Experience in deploying web communications, new media marketing activities
- Social Media/ Digital Communication
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2016.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online