(This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.)
A friend to the family grew suspicious when he noticed the long absence of 30-year-old Yusuf, who usually arrives early for work.The shocking death of a family of three, reported to have inhaled harmful chemical substance has been a cause of concern for residents of Church Street, Lagos Island.
The victims comprising of a 30-year-old man, Ibrahim Yusuf, his wife, Sadiat and their 5-year-old daughter died while sleeping in their apartment.
According to Punch, screams were heard in the apartment of the deceased on Monday, May 31, 2016, but the residents ignored them thinking it was a misunderstanding between the couple.
Yusuf’s friend, Quadri Aderibigbe became weary after the long absence of the deceased from the park.
According to Aderibigbe, Yusuf gets to the park at 7 AM, but had failed to do so on the day of the incident.
Aderibigbe. said, “Usually by 7am he should be at the park. When it was 9am and I did not see him, I sent a boy to check on him.”
“The boy came back and said he knocked on his door but didn’t get any response. When it was 2pm, I went to see his mother if she had seen him, she said no.”
“We decided to go to his house. As we got there, we heard a faint voice from inside, but the door was locked.”
"We forcefully entered through the window and met Ibrahim and Rodiat dead. Saidat was still breathing. There was no food around them to suggest they took a poison.”
She. was then rushed to the hospital, but was unfortunately pronounced dead upon arrival. The bodies of the family have been buried based on Islamic rites.
The circumstances surrounding their death remains a mystery, but the Lagos State Police Command have reportedly began investigations into the matter.