- All blue-eyed people can be traced back to a person who lived near the Black Sea almost 10,000 years ago
That person had a genetic mutation that gave him blue eyes.
- Night vision goggles make everything green, because green is the color that the human eye can differentiate more shades.
- The eyes heal quickly. With proper care, it only takes about 48 hours for the eye to repair a scratch on the cornea.
- Newborns do not produce tears. They make crying sounds, but tears do not begin to flow until 4-13 weeks of age.
- Some people are born with two different colored eyes. This condition is heterochromic.
- A newborn’s eyes are approximately 65% the size of an adult’s. While the other organs develop more than 90% as a person grows, the eyes grow only about 35%.
- 80% of our memories are determined by what we see.
- The eyes are the second most complex organ after the brain.